Things to do & see while here
Railroad & Mining related:
- Nevada State Railroad Museum – Carson City
- Nevada State Museum – Resides in the old Carson City Mint Building
- The Way it Was Museum – Virginia City
- Chollar Mine Tour – Virginia City
- Comstock History Museum – Virginia City
- Comstock Gold Mill – Virginia City
- Donovan’s Mill – Gold Hill
- Multiple old mines, mills and relics to photograph
- Lots of good color rock – take a bag home for the layout!
- Need Sage brush for trees? – We got it! Bring a bag & snippers.
Non-Railroad related(to keep the spouse happy):
- Lake Tahoe – Spring skiing
- Lake Tahoe – Dining and gambling
- Lake Tahoe Sternwheeler cruises
- Most of the Carson City Golf courses will be open
- Watching for wild horses. Yes, they’re truly wild, and protected, so don’t try to feed or pet them (FYI-They’re not friendly)
- Old Victorian homes to see and photograph
- Western Museum of Art
- High desert scenery
- Harrah’s Auto Collection – Reno
- Gambling – Note: Gamble only what you can afford to lose!